We enlarge our team.
With the constant growth of our company, new tasks are constantly arising. As we would like to grow even further together with our customers, we are hiring:
Applications Engineer - Time of Flight Measurements
Our customers are using our picosecond time to digital converters to build TOF mass spectrometers, LIDAR systems, time correlated single photon counting and many other types of fascinating high end applications. We need you to help them succeed. You will be the person who explains the customers applications to us and who explains our products to the customers.
When working for us you might encounter the following tasks:
- communication between the scientists of our customers and the developers and engineers at cronologic
- creating open source example source code for our products in a wide range of programming languages
- building proof of concept setups that show how to achieve the best measurement results
- writing white papers explaining the use of our products in certain applications
- creating documentation for our products
- programming software applications in C# and C++ that are used internally by cronologic for production and development
You must have experience with high speed data acquisition for time of flight measurements, photon counting or some other application based on pulse processing, either in research or in industry.
You must also have been been involved in scientific or technical writing. A good master thesis might be sufficient to convince us of your skills. Your communication skills must be good in writing and verbally for both English and German.
You must have experience with C++ or C# software development and must feel confident to perform simple tasks in programming languages that you never used before.
The following careers might be a good fit for this job, but we are sure there are many others:
- A PhD or master in atomic or nuclear physics with exposure to data acquisition for some form of single particle counting
- electrical engineer involved in the development of the electronic aspects of TOF-MS, LIDAR, PET, RADAR, QKD or FLIM systems.
- engineer involved in the development of time to digital converters, digitizes or some other aspect of frontends for fast electrical pulse processing.
cronologic is a company where we strive to achieve the best possible results while having fun in the team and supporting a good work live balance for everybody involved. We are open to contracts from 24h to 40h per week. We like homeoffice when it fits the job.
Please attach examples of your writing to your application. And of course your CV.
For your application please use the form on our jobs webpage. Alternatively you may send a e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.