While the global climate crisis is picking up speed, we in Germany are about to hold elections. Together with many other German companies, cronologic has signed a position paper calling for the next federal government to act faster against climate change. Here are some of the demands, to which we unreservedly agree:
- An immediate, irrevocable introduction of a national CO2 tax that does not allow any exceptions.
- Abolition of agricultural subsidies that are created without ecological criteria.
- Taxes on the use of weed killers and fertilizers and a ban on the most dangerous agricultural poisons.
- Car traffic shall be halved, and local public transport capacity shall be doubled.
- Fossil combustion engines should no longer be approved after 2025.
- Obligation to use sustainable building materials and solar obligations for roofs.
- Raising the minimum income and taxing wealth.
Whoever will provide our government in the future will have to face the worsening climate crisis and the effects on our planet, people, and the animal world. We at cronologic will not accept that the economic interests of a few lead to further deteriorate the living conditions on earth. We ourselves are doing our best to improve the situation, but we also expect this from a future federal government.